Thursday 15 March 2012

DiaryOfAGymEnthusiast #5
Location: Belhus Gym 14/03/12

Despite my post yesterday claiming that it wasn't possible for me to make the journey to the gymnasium,I made it possible because that's what Spartans do ! We never miss a session ! Anyways I meet up with Albertski not knowing what we was going to do, in the distance we see a cloud of smoke coming out way. As it receeded we see discoStu approaching us on his noble steed, he too looked ready for a session. We all walked into the Gymnasium when Albertski said in his overly deep Russian voice: "Today we do one-rep maxes uh ?" Me and DiscoStu dare not suggest anything as we understood the meaning of rhetorical questions and this one was deffinitely one of them, we were doing one-rep maxes. :)

The workout
1,000 M Rowing:
Easily completed under 5 minutes by all of us :) One Arm one rep Max clean and press: Me and DiscoStu equalled 18kgs but I couldn't quite pull of 20kgs so I had to accept 18kg which is actually an improvement from the beginning of the week ! Albertski pummels the 32kg like it was a babies rattle. Who knows what this guys max is ?

One Arm one rep max Snatch:
DiscoStu hitting the 18kg mark again I was determined to lay them out good and proper, So I grabbed the 24 KGs and to my surprise managed it, yet another improvement from the other day ! Albertski casually snatching 34kg, incredible.

After all this we were all fighting fatigue due to the strenuous gym sessions before hand so we decide to call it a day apart from DiscoStu whom does his bench press, 14kg an arm :)

Only a short workout so there's not much point in writing an overview, but it was a good session with improvement all round !
:)
Watch this space ! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment